Friday, July 30, 2010

Silent Hill

I am back for another mindblowingly astounding review!!! Excited yet? Yeah, me neither heheh. Okay, today I'm going to go ahead and review another older game, today I'm going to review a classic of the horror genre, Silent Hill for the Playstation.  This game is about a man named Harry Mason, who wakes up in his wrecked car on the side of a mountain road, and his search for his missing daughter Cheryl that was in the car with him before the crash. If you watch the start screen movie, you can actually see the crash and its cause being the shadow of a small girl in the middle of the road causing Harry to swerve out of the way.   Ok, now to the actual game.  Alright, lets start with the horrific controls.  Probably the worst I've ever dealt with, but, its the same as most horror games back then, like Resident Evil 2 and such.  Kay, once you get used to or at least a hang of the control system you can focus on the storyline that really doesnt pic up until about half way through the game.(By the way, this game really isnt very long so dont expect to waste your life away playing it..) I'll admit with this game, better graphics would have helped because the creatures were supposed to scare yme but I could never tell what any of em were supposed to be in the first place. So there would be sayyyy, zombie nurse, zombie boy, zombie cougar dog, pink bird thing and assorted unneccessarily large animals.  Now to the puzzles, oh the puzzles, these puzzles are nearly impossible without help!for nearly EVERY one I found myself googleing it cause there wasnt even a hint of what to do!... OH, also the V.O. is really random and bad. But I've complained enough about the game for this review, I should probably try and think of some pros.. Well, although I havent played the others yet, I've heard this game lead to many really excellent horror games, so thats a pro.. Also, its a really interesting plotline they used and has never been used before this game. Brownie points for creativity. Uhm, there IS replayability, although I've only witnessed the one ending, there are multiple depending on descissions you make throughout. Decent character models and I will give it graphic points, I dont WANT to, but for the time, the graphics were pretty good, cant compare them to nowadays, that just aint faire. Also, people who are fans of this game, I'm sorry if I affended your precious childhood game, but I'm not a fan, I do enjoy horror games, and I very much so plan to play this games sequels with no expectations lowered, but for this one I just could NOT get passed the choppy story, terrible and random boss battles, the fact that if you dont do EVERY little thing and go every single place at the right moments, you can actually just skip over big plot points.  Okay, DONE.  If I were to give this game a traditional rating out of 5.. hmmm... I would give Silent Hill 2 Cougar Dogs out of 5, the extra point only for the assumption that its sequels are as outstanding as I have heard. This has been another KKRealms review and I really hope I didnt sound like one of those snoody reviewers that are alllll over the web now! But these are my honest opinions, and I hope you got something out of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment