Friday, July 30, 2010

My first blog, dont expect much but here goes

hey readers! however many there may be.. uh, this is my first time so dont judge me alright?! kay, well, I'm KKRealms, and if all goes as planned I'm going to honestly review(well, MY honest opinion) videogames, movies and tv series. I can't promise they wont be a LITTLE bias, but thats life! haha, I hope they at least entertain you if not persuade or disuade you into playing or watching games and or movies, etc.

  ALRIGHT. Well, Lets kick it off then, what should my first review be....... How about a classic, I will review "The Shawshank Redemption"(1994) I guess I'll kick this off by saying, I went into this thinkin' I wouldnt enjoy myself, but I was very pleasently surprised. This movie is fantastic.  "The Shawshank Redemption" is a story about Andy Dufresne, played by Tim Robbins, and his time spent in prison for a the murder of his wife and her lover.  The movie is based over many years, and over the years becomes great friends with Red, played by Morgan Freeman(WIN), an entrepreneur of the prisoner veriety. The plot of this movie is basic, but the writer, Steven King, takes it, and makes this simple plot into a gripping masterpiece. Now, after saying all of this, there are some downsides(not many though!), first, the film starts off pretty slow, but holding out is totally worth it. The next thing is, this is one of those movies you tell your friends you could watch over and over, but you deep down you know thats a lie.  Although it is a top notch movie, its one that only needs to be seen once, after that, it could get kinda stale concidering you know exactly whats going to happen.  Excellent movie all in all. If I had to give it a propper score; "The Shawshank Redemtion" would get 4 Rusty Shanks out of 5, the one point only missing for the replay value.

Well there ya have it everyone! My first movie review! tell me what ya think, any form of feedback would be nice, but dont comment just to be a tool, or I WILL find you. And give do something you MAY or very well may NOT like. haha, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment