Friday, August 27, 2010

Knowing(Nicolas Cage movie)

Howdy partners! I'm back for another review! This time of a relatively new movie, well, about a year old I guess..  AAAAAnywaaays, I do not like Mr. Cage, to be honest, I think he is just aweful.  I use to like him, but his movies just got worse and worse and worse, and then I saw his Japanese "Pachinko" commercials and that sent me over the breaking point.  Guess what? This movie is no exception! The movie starts off kind of interesting, enough to pull me in that is. The beginning is a flashback of a little girl and she is told to write a letter or draw a picture to put in a time capsule that would be burried and opened in ten years, the girl writes a full page of random numbers and then continues writing them anywhere she can, kinda weird but whatever...  So next it fast forwards to the same school ten years later where Nicolas' character is watching his son in the reopening ceremony of the capsule, in which his son gets the random numbers.  But instead of looking and giving it back, the boy is intrigued by it and tucks it away which leads to his father discovering the numbers arent so random but are infact the dates of all the worlds random disasters, pretty much ever.  Good plot right? I thought so, got me sucked in and I had hopes this would be Nick's career turn-around role! Well, I was wrong, this movie just becomes a steaming pile of..... something unpleasent, aaaall in the last sayyyy, 30 minutes? mmhm. trumendous turn around! You really had me going there Nicky! Good one! I'm not going to ruin the ending in case someone reading this intends to watch it anyways but the twist is the big thing that got me, thats all I'll say... So! If I were to rate this like some big-shot critic who actually thinks he knows what hes talking about(but doesnt) I think I would have to give this 2 PACHINKO'S out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment